Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Alright I knoooow I've been slack about blogging and it's a typical excuse for me to say the holidays have interfered but for realsies they HAVE.

I seriously love my family. My dad is the second youngest of NINE (ya fuck that) kids. So ya we have a large family (pun intended). Most of us are fat, loud, and happy. So Dad, my cousin Joe, and I are in the garage talking about political issues and we're all yelling at each other and telling each other how we're all wrong. I mean it's hilarious in there, we were joined later by my sister in law Denise and Mom who entered the garage looking apprehensive, and who can blame them there's three grown people in there yelling at each other. Incidentally, in case you were wondering, we were all saying basically the same thing... but it's fun to yell at one another.

My point is, we give each other a LOT of shit. I call my dad Captain Donut, my brother gives me shit about the hair dye spreading to my brain and making me stupid, we all call each other out on our weight, I tell my mom at the store come on old lady lets move it. When people over hear us I'm sure it sounds hateful or mean but it's not. It's just the way our family interacts with each other.



1 comment:

  1. I guess most people sometimes judge a book by its cover, I totally can relate to you though i came from a country where they have a high standard for respect (though i sometimes think they dont know the meaning of it), you see in our culture, we have respect words when we call our elders, be it to older siblings or even passerby and in my family I sometimes dont call my older sis/bros with this add ons such as Sis Lisa or Bro Bobby but i call them straight away with their nickname and some people tell me that i'm rude to them and dont respect the elders hehe, that's just one example i guess but who cares what others think right? :) x susan

    ReplyDelete